Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to work again....

It was time to go to work again, which was a bummer after such a nice weekend. Plus my team had a ton of patients after last week. Up to 20 patients were on our list, and my team is just Boipelo and I! I believe all the other teams have at least 3 members to do all the work, if not more. And we had to round twice because Dr. Stefanski didn’t know he was still covering for Sara. So Dr. Gluckman sorta rounded with us, then Dr. Stefanski rounded with us again when he got back late morning – we didn’t really finish rounds until 3:30!!! And we had very little time left to do all our work. It was a little frustrating. But Phil helped me out by drawing bloods quite a bit at the end. I guess it was his way of paying back all the help I gave them earlier. Hopefully those will go through and I’ll get results because the computer system for ordering labs was down… I had to manually fill out requisition forms, and those don’t always work. :(

When I got home, I got motivated and made a beef stew with carrots and onions. I didn’t use potatoes because I like to put it over rice. But I usually thicken it with corn starch, which I didn’t have, so I used flour – that worked pretty well, but I got impatient and didn’t put enough flour, so it’s more like really thick soup than stew. But it’s still good. The flavor is great, but some of the meat is pretty tough. But some of it’s soft. So it’s still good. :)

No comments: