Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mira Loma High School and the Science Bowl

I just have to post something unrelated. I went to Mira Loma High School, and (shockingly) I was pretty nerdy - I competed in all the science and math competitions, including Mathletes, Science Olympiad, Science Bowl, etc. There were a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head right now, but our crowning achievement was winning third place in the National Science Bowl competition under our chemistry teacher, Mr. Torgeson, wayyyy back in 1994. This won us a week-long all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii. Needless to say, for a bunch of high school students, we were ecstatic!

Well, it seems we've been outdone, as this year's team took first place, getting them a trip to Australia! See the link below for the article in the Sacramento Bee:

http://sacbee.com/topstories/story/1833334.html

Congrats!! I'm glad to see the legacy continuing.

No comments: