Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Abusive, Arrogant Doctors

This is an interesting article. It talks about how arrogant and abusive doctors can (not surprisingly) really affect the health care of a patient, not to mention affect the workplace and those around them. I've definitely run into plenty of them myself and experienced it firsthand, not to mention heard of other abuses plenty of times. It's a very unfortunate and inappropriate problem. As the article points out, I think the good thing is that there is awareness of the problem and steps are being taken at every hospital to minimize and eliminate it. Interestingly, many of these doctors happen to be surgeons - go figure.

I just also wanted to mention that I've been on the receiving end of this from not just doctors but also nurses, physicians' assistants, nurse practitioners, you name it. So although I will agree that it's much more prevalent in doctors than other medical staff, it is definitely not phenomena limited to MDs alone.

No comments: