Sunday, May 11, 2008

Food and Personality

I think how and what someone eats is incredibly indicative of their character. In fact, in the past, I've used it as a way to decide whether or not I'll go on a second date with someone.

The trend I see is that the more adventurous someone is at the restaurant, the more adventurous the character. Someone who orders chicken all the time is not that adventurous. Somebody who decides to try the goat or the alligator (and they do not have to like it!) probably has a more adventurous personality.

I love to eat, and I love to try different foods - there's no way I could date or see anybody long term who didn't share those interests. For example, I could never date a vegetarian, or somebody who didn't like seafood or red meat or something. Even somebody who was allergic to nuts, or shellfish, or something like that - I would get so frustrated! But that's just me.

I guess I actually know plenty of adventurous people who place limits on their food - often that's health-related, or because they're concerned about the environment, or religious. Sometimes it's because of taste, which I think is fair. And those people are fine - I can like them just fine. But I could never date somebody like that. :)

1 comment:

Canadas Best Food Stylist said...

I read your post...I really appreciate your experience and I receive a good knowledge from your post. Need any managed services visit us